Art / DT
Through teaching Art we aim to:
- Enable children to record from first-hand experience and from imagination, selecting their own ideas to use in their work;
- To develop creativity and imagination through a range of differing activities;
- To improve children’s ability to control materials, tools and techniques;
- To increase the critical awareness of the roles and purposes of art, craft and design in different times and cultures;
- To develop increasing confidence in the use of visual and tactile elements and materials;
- To foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and a knowledge of artists, illustrators, craftspeople and designers.
Through teaching Design Technology we aim to:
- Use creativity and imagination to design and make products.
- Solve real and relevant problems.
- Critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others.
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
Through Art and D&T we can also:
- Provide a rich environment in which we encourage and value creativity;
- Experience a wide range of activities that children can respond to, using the various senses;
- Develop our planning, designing and making skills;
- Make links in their learning to other subjects across the curriculum.
Art & DT Policy 2022
ART PLANNNING 2021-2023
DT PLANNNING 2021-2023
OUR SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT
ART / DT LEARNING
Art / DT Creations within the Curriculum
Art / DT Projects within the local community
Art Competitions - Prize giving assembly