At Sarum St Paul’s we believe that English language is paramount in a child’s development. We strive to provide all pupils with a supportive, inclusive curriculum that allows learners to flourish and reach their full potential. Through our creative curriculum, we want to promote children to develop a desire to read and write for a range of purposes and a range of audiences, as well as making links with other areas of the curriculum.
Our aims are:
- To provide a language rich environment that promotes a culture of communication, reading and writing.
- To value and celebrate diversity in culture and language.
- To ensure that children have access to a broad, balanced and creative English curriculum to promote their enjoyment of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- To provide clear and consistent teaching throughout the school.
- To teach pupils to employ a full range of reading cues to support them in correcting and making sense of their own reading, whilst using phonics as the transition to independent reading.
- To systematically teach spelling, handwriting, grammar and punctuation to ensure accuracy and creativity.
- To value and use high – quality texts as a basis for learning.
ENGLISH PLANNNING 2021-2023
OUR SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT
ENGLISH ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNITIES